We value the trust you place in us. That's why we insist upon the highest standards for secure transactions and customer information privacy. Please read the following statement to learn about our information gathering and dissemination practices.
Famrut Platform privileges information on the Users and transparency in the use of its platform, which is why we kindly ask you to carefully read the conditions contained in this document, in which we inform you not only how we process personal data, its purposes, means and conditions for communication thereof, but also of your rights as Users.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHERE WE STORE IT
For us to provide our service through Famrut platform we collect, with your consent, the following personal data:
- When you use Famrut Platform, we collect and store your personal information, which is provided by you from time to time. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Famrut Platform to make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so we collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
- In general, you can browse the Famrut Platform without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Famrut Platform. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on Famrut Platform. We use this information to do internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Famrut Platform or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Famrut Platform or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
- We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Famrut Platform to help analyse our Mobile App Page/web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services.
- If you choose to buy on the Famrut Platform, we collect information about your buying behavior.
- If you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
- If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Famrut Platform, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with us. While you can browse some sections of our Famrut Platform without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
- Registering of an Account on the Famrut Platform gives the option of creating a user account (“Account”) as a farmer, trader, FPO, buyeretc (“Users”). If the Users decides to create an Account, they will provide the Famrut Platform with certain Personal Information, such as first and last name, email address and password, phone number, business name, commodity interested in, location, crop name, selling month and quantity and any other information regarding seller and buyer. The Users are not required to register to use the Famrut Platform. However, Famrut Platform collects personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from the Users when they set up a free account. While the Users can browse some sections of Famrut Platform without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. The Famrut Platform also uses contact information to send offers based on previous orders and interests of the Userss. The Famrut Platform will have access to SMS, contacts in directory, location and device information and the Famrut Platform may request the Users to provide requisite KYC document (such as PAN and Aadhaar) details to check eligibility for certain products/services including but not limited to providing credit) being offered by the Famrut Platform, its affiliates or its lending partners. The Famrut Platform may share this data with its affiliates or its lending partners for the same purposes stated in this Policy. In the event that consent to this, such use of data is withdrawn in the future, the Famrut Platform will stop collection of such data but continue to store the data excluding Aadhaar information and use it for internal purposes to further improve its services.
- Submitting Information to the Famrut Platform which collects information, including Personal Information that is submitted by the Users to the Famrut Platform. This includes any text, images, videos, photographs, messages and comments on message boards, product reviews and customer testimonials. If they choose to post content such as a product review i.e., where content can be viewed by all users with or without user accounts, the Famrut Platform will collect the information submitted to the Famrut Platform and the information contained in their posting will be visible to others, including any Personal Information they choose to include. The Famrut Platform cannot control who reads the postings or what other users may do with the information that they voluntarily post, so it is very important that they do not put Personal Information in the posts if they do not want it to be seen or used by others. Please keep this in mind when submitting content to any public area of the Famrut Platform. Famrut Platform reserves the right to use any product reviews or customer testimonials for its marketing and promotional purposes, so please take this into consideration while choosing to include Personal Information in the product reviews or testimonials.
- A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer's hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
- Social Media Websites: If Users engages in any interaction with Famrut Platform, other Platform users or any third-party on any Famrut Platform social media account pages (“Social Media Pages”), they should be aware that: (a) the Personal Information that is submitted by and through such Social Media Pages can be read, collected and/or used by other users of those Platforms/services (depending on their privacy settings associated with their accounts with the applicable social media websites), and could be used to send unsolicited messages or otherwise to contact them without their consent or desire; and (b) where Famrut Platform responds to any interaction on such Social Media Pages, their account name/handle may be viewable by any and all members/users of Famrut Platform’s social media accounts. The Famrut Platform is not responsible for the Personal Information that the Users chooses to submit on any Social Media Pages. Their interactions with the Social Media Pages are governed by the privacy policies of the applicable social media websites. The Famrut Platform encourages them to review the privacy policies and settings of the Social Media Pages with which they interact to help them understand privacy practices of those social media websites.
- You acknowledge that you are disclosing Personal Information voluntarily. Prior to the completion of any registration process onFamrut Platform or prior to availing of any services offered on Famrut Platform if you wish not to disclose any Personal Information you may refrain from doing so; however if you don't provide information that is requested, it is possible that the registration process would be incomplete and/or you would not be able to avail of the our services.
- Automatically Collected Information which the Famrut Platform may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Famrut Platform. When you visit the Famrut Platform, it may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display a location map. The location information may be sent to authorities for taking necessary actions and making policy decisions. If you do not want the Famrut Platform to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application/web browser located in your account settings. However, if the service provided by the Application/web browser requires the location services using GPS technology, such services offered by the application/web browser will not be available for you.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
Personal Data shall be retained only as long as needed to meet the purposes for which it has been collected unless different retention periods apply under Law. After the Personal Data has fulfilled the purposes for which it was collected, the Personal Data should be securely deleted or destroyed, unless retention is otherwise required by Law.
TECHNICAL, PHYSICAL, AND ORGANIZATIONAL SAFEGUARDS
In General, Famrut Platform protects Personal Data by applying reasonable technical, physical, and organizational safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or acquisition or disclosure of Personal Data or any accidental loss, alteration, destruction or damage to Personal Data. These safeguards take into account applicable industry standards, the practicality of the protection, and the sensitivity of the Personal Data being protected and are appropriate to the risks posed by the relevant Processing activities, including the risk of exposure to loss, theft or unauthorized use or access of Personal Data.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY
The Famrut Platform may share Personal Data with third parties in compliance with Law. With respect to Personal Data of Users, such third parties may include other Company entities, service providers, business customers, regulated entities to which the Famrut Platform provides products and/or services, entities that may acquire portions of the business, and regulatory authorities.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE POLICY
All Users are expected to comply with this Policy.
Famrut Platform has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
The use of Famrut Platform may involve the transfer of your data outside of India. In such a case, Famrut Platform shall strictly comply with the applicable legal provisions, in particular, in determining the adequacy of the level of protection of personal data of the recipient country of the transfer, and as regards any requirements applicable to the transfer
Famrut works on One Time Password through SMS based verification consent for registration of new user to Famrut mobile application. User is required to share OTP automatically- by giving consent to Famrut mobile application to automatically detect and read the One time Password received by the user through SMS. User understands this process and hereby consents Famrut mobile application to automatically detect and read the SMS for using the same to fill the consent form as a pre condition to use Famrut mobile application.
Famrut Platform, in its sole discretion, reserves the exclusive right to interpret, administer and apply this Policy, to make any exceptions to it, and to change this Policy at any time and for any reason. The provisions of this Policy do not establish contractual rights, in whole or in part, between the Famrut Platform and the recipient of the Policy. Famrut Platform reserves the right to modify, amend, or terminate this Policy at any time. This Policy is the property of ESDS Software Solution Ltd. and is the recipient’s responsibility to review the intranet publication of this Policy to ensure the most current version is being referenced before taking action based on any printed copy, which may be outdated.